Super Villains Mod – Fight against your favorite super villains, ranging from Venom to even Loki!
Overview of this Mod
I love playing survival in Minecraft. The fact that you can die at any moment makes it that much more exhilarating The problem is, however, is that dying is much harder now, and survival has become too easy. By the end of the day, creepers are incredibly predictable, and zombies and skeletons don’t even have a chance of being able to slay you. Everything is too easy now.
Then there’s the Super Villains Mod. The Super Villains Mod is a mod that, well, adds popular super villains into your game, making survival even easier, allowing you to become your favorite super villain? What? Did you expect that this mod added super villain mobs to make survival harder? Muahaha! In all seriousness though, this mod allows you to become Venom, Loki, and Scarecrow.
Currently, this mod is a work in progress, meaning that there aren’t any crafting recipes for the skins yet, which ultimately means that there’s absolutely no way to acquire this in survival yet. That’s kind of fair in my opinion because this mod makes survival even easier than it already is. For example, let’s say you get ambushed by four creepers from all sides. Normally, as normal Steve, you should either get brought down to really low health, or die. With this mod, you can just shoot web and escape gracefully as Venom. That, or you can fight all the creepers, because as Venom, you get a strength buff as well.
All in all, this mod is pretty nice, but incredibly overpowered to ever be implemented into survival properly. This is a nice mod to mess around with in creative however. If you ever wanted to play as your favorite super villain in Minecraft, then this mod is for you.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.