Tech Mod – Add advanced technology into your game! Launch rockets into the sky, and mine for some uranium!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft is very fun and all, but at the same time, the technology is very minuscule. It almost makes you feel like you’re a barbarian. If you think about it, you’re just a guy destroying stuff and lugging a bunch of stuff around. The only way to slay mobs would be to use a sword, or use a bow and arrow. If only there was a way to slay mobs in style.
Well, there is, thanks to the Tech Mod! The Tech mod is a mod that allows you to craft rockets and tesla towers that are used to kill mobs around you. The rockets in this mod are all chip guided, meaning that you don’t have to guesstimate where it will hit with some measly laser pointer, or anything of that sort. Instead, you can go to where you want the rocket to blow up at, right click it with the chip, and then upload the chip into the rocket. All you need to do then is to give the rocket a redstone current, and next thing you know, you will see a massive crater at where you wanted it to blow up.
In addition to that, the rocket itself will give you the chip back after ti has been uploaded, so this means you can have a predesignated place for the rockets to go. For example, you can make it so the rocket targets an obsidian platform where mobs have been annoying you, such as the entrance to your house, or something of that sort.
Next up is the tesla tower. The tesla tower is a tower that draws power from the sun in order to shoot lightning at mobs in a certain radius. Sadly, it only works in daytime, so this means that you can’t use it as an overnight base defense. It’s still useful though because creepers linger after night, and this tower will make quick work of those creepers easily.
All in all, this mod is great, and is recommended for anyone who would like to slay mobs in their game with style, or would just like to have a more advanced base defense.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!