The Peaceful Pack Mod – Don’t let the peaceful difficulty mode limit you from being able to get mob drops! Install this mod and acquire all those drops without cheating!
Overview of this Mod
I hate how Minecraft’s mechanics force you to play on a higher difficulty besides peaceful in order to do certain tasks, such as fishing. In order to fish, you need to make a fishing rod, and in order to make that, you need string. How do you get string? Through slaying spiders. What about the gift of instant growth through bone meal? The only way that will happen is if you attack skeletons. See? You need to be on a higher difficulty in order to do certain tasks, and sometimes, I’m pretty sure slaying mobs isn’t too fun if your main desire is to create a nice house with survival aspects.
Well, fret no longer! The Peaceful pack mod has come to the rescue! The peaceful pack mod is a mod that makes it so you can acquire all the previously impossible to get items that are exclusive to higher difficulties. Here’s a list of some of the features that this mod has to offer:
- Drops flax fiber and flax seeds.
- Flax seeds can be planted for more flax.
- Flax fiber can be put into the crafting table side by side to make string.
- Acquired by putting two pieces of string together.
- Can be used to make leather armor.
- Ender Clam
- Found in the bottom of the ocean
- Drops ender pearls when broken
- Chain armor
- Can be acquired by filling the crafting table with iron bars.
- Slime Slabs
- Found throughout the world.
- Can be mined to get slimeballs.
- Found throughout the underground world
- Can be mined to get bones.
That’s just a couple of the items you can get! If you’d like to see all the features that this mod has to offer, watch the video below.
All in all, this mod is great for anyone who hates playing on harder difficulties, just to get a couple of resources. I know I would definitely use this if I didn’t like fighting mobs!
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.