The Wars Mod – Play with your friends with the various game modes this mod adds, including PVP, spleef, and much, much more! Fun is guaranteed!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft has always been lacking in the PVP department. Not once could you create a structure on the fly specifically meant for PVP. You never see any Colosseum that spawn either, but rather, just some pyramids and temples, but the problem with those is that they aren’t oriented towards PVP, or fighting for that matter, but are rather targeted towards finding loot. You can never really have any PVP or mob dominating fun in the game without having to build it on your own, which will most likely involve a form of cheating.
That was the past. Nowadays, you can just install the Wars Mod. The Wars Mod is a mod that allows you to craft various structures meant for PVP, mob fighting, or pretty much anything involving competitive play. For example, you can craft 6 different types of PVP arenas, 6 different types of spleef arenas, a hunger game game mode, 2 different types of towers, and several other buildings. You can build a rocking PVP map in literally seconds if you’re in creative mode.
Anyways, the main appeal to this mod is that you can craft these structures to play with your friends, in order for some quick and hassle-free PVP action, without having to go into a PVP server with people you probably don’t even know, which ruins the experience. Imagine that. On top of that, you can also install this on your server, so your friends can also join in on the arena building fun!
All in all, this mod is incredibly solid, and I would recommend it for anyone who would like to play competitive games with their friends. I know that I’m going to use this on my server!
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!