Throwable Bricks – Throw them at mobs, throw them at windows, throw them at your friends!
Throwable Bricks – What is it?
This mod is self explanatory, the mod makes normal bricks throwable! We’ve all had this thought before, the bricks are all for blocks that are hardly used, you might have some left overs, but you have no idea what to do with them. Well now that you have this mod, you can go on a nice walk, and throw bricks at some of your friends! The bricks do quite a bit of damage, making quite lethal for the amount of bricks you could have in your inventory. It’s a simple mod, but it’s very fun to have. Lets move on to the features of this mod.
Brick chunks are created when you throw a brick at a certain distance. The further you throw, the higher the chance is that the brick will shatter and drop a brick chunk. A brick chunk can be recrafted into another brick and is able to be thrown again.
Windows and Glass Panes
In reality, a brick or a rock would shatter anything out of glass. Like this mod, if you throw a brick at glass, the brick will fly right through the glass and destroy it completely.
The damage dealt to mobs by throwing the bricks is 2 and a half heart, although, attacking a skeleton with a brick, the skeleton will die much quicker to make it look a bit more realistic since a skeleton is all bones, no muscle. The same goes for smaller mobs. (Chickens, baby slimes, spider, etc.)
When a brick is thrown at TNT, they have a slight chance of sparking the TNT and activating it.
Land and Plants
Due to a brick being heavy and dense, if thrown at: Tall grass, vines, dead shrubs, redstone, redstone torches, sugar canes, and crops. Another part of this feature is that if it is thrown and lands on top of tilled farmland, it till become normal dirt again.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
Now you might want to know how to install the mod
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!