Tropicraft – Has mining for resources got you down? Too stressed out? Well, take a vacation in Minecraft with the Tropicraft mod!
Overview of this Mod
Tropicraft is a mod for Minecraft that adds several new in-game content to give Minecraft a more “tropical” feel. Don’t get me wrong now. You don’t necessarily have to enjoy the tropical atmosphere to enjoy the Tropicraft mod. This is mainly due to the amount of content that the Tropicraft mod has to offer. The Tropicraft mod offers a variety of mobs, tropical food, and new types of trees. Let’s get more in-depth with the content added from the Tropicraft mod.
Features of this Mod
The Tropicraft mod adds the following features into Minecraft:
- Iguanas – Iguanas in the Tropicraft mod are a pretty neutral, unless attacked, and when they attack, they attack in groups. They are similar to the traits the Zombie Pigmen have. The Iguanas drops scales, which can be crafted into scale armor.
- Starfish – Starfish in Tropicraft are passive mobs. However, if you attack the starfish, they will run away. They drop starfish shells, which has no use at the moment.
- Tree Frogs – There are four types of tree frogs in Tropicraft. The green ones are passive, and aren’t poisonous. The red, yellow, and blue ones, however, are very aggressive, and can possibly kill you in a matter of seconds. The green tree frogs drop frog legs, which can be cooked and eaten, while the other tree frogs drop poisonous skin, which are needed to make poison darts.
- Easter Island Heads – These mobs are very aggressive, and do a large amount of damage. It’s recommended to stay away from these mobs while playing with the Tropicraft mod.
- Palm Trees – They are just like regular trees, but are in a shape of palm trees, which give the place a more “tropical” feel.
- Coconuts – Coconuts grow on palm trees, but can be taken if hit. If you hit a coconut with a sword, however, you will get coconut slices, which can replenish your hunger bar in the same fashion as cookies.
- Iris – A flower for aesthetic purposes only.
- Pineapple – destroy the pineapple only, and another pineapple will grow back! Destroy the stem, however, and it’s gone forever. You can use pineapples for later crafting recipes.
- Commelina Diffusa – A flower for aesthetic purposes only.
- Crocosmia – A flower for aesthetic purposes only.
- Orchid – A flower for aesthetic purposes only.
- Scale Armor – it makes you invulnerable to fire if you were to wear a full set of scale armor.
- Pina Colada – After crafting a mug, you place pineapple and coconut in the mug to create pina colada. Pina colada heals you by three hearts.
- Bamboo Block
- Bamboo Stairs
- Bamboo Slab
- Bamboo Fences
- Thatch Block
- Thatch Stairs
- Thatch Slab
The blocks are just like wood blocks, meaning that they will burn. However, they have a tropical look to them.
For the crafting recipes, check out the Official Forum post for the Tropicraft mod. (Link below)
Videos of this Mod
Here’s a couple videos showcasing the Tropicraft Mod. (Thanks to the respective video owners for making the videos.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!
Official Forums for the Tropicraft Mod