Tubestuff Mod – Connect Buildcraft’s and Redpower’s mechanics together in an elegant fashion!
Overview of this Mod
Has there ever been times where you installed two industrial-type mods, such as Redpower and Buildcraft, only to find out that the mods have poor compatibility with each other? Still wish you could use both of them anyways? Then this mod is for you.
This mod adds about seven new blocks that should definitely increase compatibility between the two mods, along with increasing efficiency between the two mods too. Those seven blocks include the buffer, the automatic crafting table, the black hole chest, the incinerator, the duplicator, the block breaker, and the retrievulator. Here’s an in depth description of the blocks added:
- Allows you to transfer items through both BuildCraft and Redpower and vice versa.
- Automatic Crafting Table
- As the name suggests, you can add a crafting recipe for the crafting table to craft, and all you need to do is connect tubes into the crafting table so you can deposit the required materials into the table.
- The crafted items come out of the top of the block.
- Black hole Chest
- A chest that holds an infinite amount of items. Sort of overpowered.
- Destroys any block that enters it forever.
- You can duplicate an infinite amount of an item, but it will have a cooldown before you can use it again.
- Block Breaker
- Will break any block in front of it.
- Strength depends on the tool you put inside of it. For example, a diamond pickaxe inside the block breaker will mine stone faster than a stone pickaxe in the block breaker.
- Allows you to retrieve items from chests through a tube system. Sort of confusing to use, but you will get the hang of it later on.
All in all, this mod is pretty handy to any of you power users out there who favor a more elegant approach to increasing compatibility with BuildCraft and RedPower. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.