Twilight Forest – Venture off into a distant realm with sky high trees, fight new mobs, and have awesome boss battles, all in Minecraft, thanks to this mod!
Overview of this Mod
The Twilight Forest mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds a new dimension into Minecraft, dubbed the “Twilight Forest”. As the name of the mod suggests, the new dimension added will have trees everywhere. However, these are not normal trees. The trees you will commonly find in this mod are slightly larger than the trees in normal Minecraft, but you can occasionally find huge trees that extend all the way to the clouds! But that’s not all this mod adds. Let’s get into those now, shall we?
Features of this Mod
The Twilight Forest Mod adds the following features:
Flatter and Lower World
- To compensate for the size of the trees, the whole world itself has been lowered
- 7 new biomes have been added. It’s up to you to find them all!
- There will be a lot of normal Minecraft trees in the forest, but at the same time, there will be quite a bit of new ones too.
The Hollow Hills
- This is a very notable feature of the mod. These are essentially ravines, but they add all kinds of ores, which are lit by glowstone most of the time.
New Dangers (Mobs, Mazes, and Boss Battles)
- These are probably the flagship features of the mod.
- You will typically find a new type of skeleton mob roaming the land.
- When you go to a hedge maze, you will find a different type of spider guarding it.
- The boss “Naga” can be found in a courtyard deep in the forest. It is said that he is nearly impossible to kill without diamond armor.
- You need to make this portal in order to get to the Twilight Forest.
- To make the portal, you need to do the following:
- 1. Make a 2×2 water pool (You know, those pools you make for an infinite amount of water.)
- 2. Surround the pool with flowers and mushrooms.
- 3. Throw a diamond in the pool (Press “Q” when the diamond is in your hand.)
- 4. Jump in!
- The portal should look like this:
There might be more features that have been added. I would recommend to check out the official forums post (link below) to find more features that have been added.
Videos of this Mod
Here’s a couple of videos showcasing the mod. (Thanks to the respective video owners for making the videos.)
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!