Ultimate API Mod – Install all modding API’s in a very quick and easy manner! Incompatibilities will no longer consume your modding experience!
Overview of this Mod
Has there ever been a time where you said, “Oh! these two mods will go great together!” only to find out that both of them require different APIs, such as one needing the GuiAPI and the other requiring the CodeChickenCore API? “Oh, well, I can just install both of them right?” you might say. Well, that won’t happen because these two APIs might not be compatible, and there you have it, a broken minecraft.jar file that you will need to dispose of again.
That’s where this mod comes into play. Why bother asking the mod developer to recreate his mod with a different API, when you can just install ALL the APIs? That’s right, all (well almost. The largest ones at least). The benefit of using this mod over installing the APIs separately is that this mod ensures compatibility between all the APIs, and also reduces the hassle of installing each API separately because this mod is one big pack put together. Below is a list of all the APIs added:
- Minecraft Forge
- Forge Modloader
- ID Resolver Mod
Quite a bit right? The best part is- all of them are compatibly with each other. No longer will you have to commit to trial and error tests between two mods that use Different APIs. This is why this mod rightfully deserves a spot in our “Essential Mods” and “Parent Mods” list.
Since this mod is an API, this means that it is impossible to show screenshots or videos of this mod. Rather, we’ll skip right ahead to the installation instructions of the mod. Also, if you want to play a minigame on this article, just drink a cup of milk (or any other substance. hint hint.) every time you see the word “API” written. You are bound to throw up.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It’s a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your “minecraft.jar” before doing anything! We don’t want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside “minecraft.jar”.
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the “Old-Fashioned” instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the “old-fashioned” instructions.
In the case that you need more help, post a comment below. We will be glad to help you out!
If you need any additional support, just comment below, or on the post mentioned above! We will be glad to help out!
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type “%AppData%”.
- Navigate to “Roaming”. (Skip this step if you can’t see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called “.minecraft”.
- Open up a folder called “bin”.
- Right click the file called “minecraft” or “minecraft.jar”.
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can’t stress this enough.
That’s it! Have fun!
Hopefully that helped you out! If not, you could post it in the comments, and we will help you!
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the “Old-Fashioned” installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the “.minecraft” folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a “mods” folder. If there isn’t a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
For the most part, that’s it when it comes to Modloader and Forge mods. Also, please note that you no longer have to do steps 1 and 2 once you already installed it the first time (you may need to reinstall them however, if you updated your client). Also, just a heads up, if you don’t see the mod loaded into the game, you might have to extract the mod into a folder. Most mods work in their zipped form, but some require you to extract them first. Have fun!
Important: This mod comes with its own installation instructions inside. be sure follow the precautions above, but follow the instructions included with the mod.
Download this Mod
Note: This mod/texture pack/map has not been updated to Minecraft version 1.7.4/1.7.2 as of yet. You can, however, subscribe to our newsletter with the form below, and we will notify you via email as soon as this mod gets updated (You only have to subscribe once). Subscribe below now!