Useful Cheats Mod – Add more cheats in your game to aid you in your journey to become the ultimate Minecraft player!
Overview of this Mod
Minecraft can be difficult at times, especially in the beginning of the game, where you have to race against the clock in order to build a shelter fit enough to prevent yourself from getting massacred by the mobs at night. On top of that, you have to focus on building a farm as well, or you will end up dying of hunger as well.
Thankfully, there is a mod that addresses this problem, and it’s called the Useful Cheats Mod. Unlike mods like toomanyitems, this mod is meant to save time rather than downright cheating. For example, you can engage autowalk, making it so you will walk where you are pointed at, and combined with wall climber you won’t even have to touch your keyboard at all. On top of that, there’s a ton of other commands, such as being able to catch a fish every time with no failure.
In order to use this mod, you will have to put your chat box in command mode. In order to do that, just type “.mode” and it should toggle between chat and command mode. After that, just type all the commands you want enabled with a “.” in the beginning of them (for example, to enable fly mode, just type “.fly” when you’re in command mode).
This mod is incredibly useful, and is bound to save your life countless times. In the case that you do manage to die, this mod also has an autorespawn command, so that also means that you won’t end up quitting into the main menu like you did before. Anyways, if you’re looking for a nice little mod to help you out around your game, then this mod is for you.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.