Walking Dead Mod – Imagine hordes of zombies piling up in front of your defenses, in broad daylight that is!
Overview of this Mod
Ever wanted to relive the popular TV show, The Walking Dead, all in Minecraft? Think about it, zombies everywhere, killing your food supply, and all of them are determined to get you. Now imagine that in Minecraft. Sounds like zombie apocalypse paradise right?
Well, you can now make that paradise possible with this mod! Here’s some of the features this mod has to offer:
- Zombies no longer burn in daylight. Daytime adventuring is now dangerous!
- Zombies will attack chickens and pigs if they are nearby. Your food supply will be cut.
- Zombies have heightened senses, allowing for them to sense your presence farther away.
- Zombies spawn more often now. You are no longer safe!
You might say that this mod isn’t exactly a “full featured” zombie mod, but hey, with a little imagination, and if you have the proper map to play on (find or create a walking dead map. I am pretty sure you will have a good time!), your imagination will handle the rest!
For example, let’s say you build the prison that was featured in the Walking Dead. How awesome would it be to re-enact all the scenes and stuff that occurred, all in Minecraft? Sounds awesome right? Now you get the idea!
In conclusion, this mod isn’t meant for the Minecraft player who has already established a base of operations complete with a steady supply of food, such as a wheat far, but is rather meant for the kind of player that enjoys adventuring the land, and would like to up the ante when it comes to the difficulty. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.