Overview of this Mod
Make your game a lot more intense with the Weather and tornadoes mod, it make your weather a lot more dangerous causing tornadoes and much more. The weather and tornadoes mod adds wind into your game causing leaves to fly, waterfalls, and waves on water. There is five stages to extended weather it increases with every stage making it more dangerous, water spouts, tornadoes, and hurricanes spawn naturally at the highest point of storms. When a tornado spawns it damages the terrain by lifting up blocks and throwing them down on other areas, if you are picked up by one of these there is little chance that you will survive. You can craft a tornado sensor and a tornado siren to alert you if there is a tornado nearby and will allow you to make it out on time. What i would do is build a bunker deep underground and once you hear the siren go off i would go down a chute and wait out the storm. Or if you don’t want your home to be destroyed build your house and your farm underground but then what would be the fun of that if you aren’t in any danger. What i would also do is pause the game play some dramatic music and stand back and watch as my home and all the work i have done on that specific map go away and are destroyed by a storm. There are many ways to avoid a tornado, i’m not sure if they spawn more frequently in flat region but if so build up on a mountain or wherever you prefer. Whatever you decide beware the storms you will have much more to worry about other than rare lightning strikes.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!