Wild Grass Mod – Add even more wild grass into Minecraft with this mod, adding to the atmosphere even more!
Overview of this Mod
The tall grass in Minecraft was always plain looking, and didn’t really serve a purpose. When I say that, I didn’t mean a survival purpose, but rather, an atmospheric purpose. The grass is very plain, and it randomly put throughout the world. It’s almost like it’s there just because it has to be. It never really embraces the wildlife atmosphere.
That’s where the Wild Grass Mod comes into play. The Wild Grass Mod is a mod that stays true to wild grass. Rather than being like the tall grass in Minecraft, which is just there, the wild grass grows from normal grass blocks, and spreads as well. This can allow for an atmosphere that just screams “wildlife”, which is what Minecraft’s survival portion has been all about. This mod, in essence, really shows the wildlife part of Minecraft, because if you think about it, if in real life, we were to never really pay attention to nature around us, it would one day come around and overtake us as human beings as well.
Anyways, the wild grass mod also adds some nice features into the game that the tall grass didn’t have before. Those features include:
- Grass will have stages of growth.
- Grass can grow up to two blocks high.
- Grass will spread over time.
- In order to remove the wild grass, you will have to use a hoe to shorten the grass. There is a possibility that the grass will drop seeds.
Pretty neat right? All in all, this mod is fairly small, but is a great addition, and definitely improves on the atmosphere of the game vastly. If you’re the kind of person that would like to see the naturalistic side of Minecraft flourish, then this mod is for you!
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.