Overview of this Mod
Okay, so you love your normal old wolf, but have you ever wished that your wolf could do more, such as jumping really high, running really fast, and even be on fire? Then this mod is definitely for you.
To begin with, there are about 13 types of wolves that have been added into the game. those wolves include:
- Snow wolf, which drops snowballs,
- Ender wolf, which drops ender pearls,
- Diamond wolf, which drops diamonds of course,
- Redstone wolf, which drops, well, redstone,
- Emerald wold, which drops emeralds,
- Gold wolf, which drops gold ingots,
- Iron wold, which drops iron,
- Cake wolf, which drops cake,
- Wither wold, which drops nether stars,
- Fire wolf, which drops Flint and Steel,
- Water wolf, which drops water buckets,
- Lava wolf, which drops lava buckets,
- and the Dirt wolf, which, you guessed it, drops clay.
Yeah, all these wolves can be tamed with bones, but why would you tame them when you can slay them for valuable resources? Actually, that’s a horrible idea, because, as I already mentioned these wolves run very fast, and can jump about 2.5 blocks high when they attack. You aren’t really safe no matter where you’re at now sadly.
Overall, this mod is very nice, though I would like to see each wolf have a unique ability, such as the fire wolf setting anything it attacks on fire, or the ender wolf being able to teleport anywhere. All in all, this mod is great for anyone who would like to have more wolves in their game. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod does not require you to install any other mod, such as Modloader or Minecraft Forge. Install this mod like you normally would.