World Downloader Mod – Have you ever been on a server and the place was so good, that you wish you could download it? Then check this mod out!
Overview of this Mod
The World Downloader Mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to download any multiplayer world. this means that you can now download those amazing structures, and go inside them for your own viewing pleasure. This could also be useful for those servers that have a door lock plugin, which means you can’t enter it unless your username is on the sign. all you have to do is just download the world and enter it. You can now see what was inside that house.
You might be thinking yourself, “what’s the catch?” Unfortunately, in order to download the world, you’ll have to walk around, and make sure structures that you want to download earning your viewing range,which is approximately 160 blocks in every direction. Then again, this is a good thing, because Minecraft worlds are huge and it would take countless hours to download a whole world, even when the place hasn’t been tampered. Another catch is that it doesn’t save items inside chests or furnaces,and the only way for them to be saved is if you right-click them. You can, however save them by right clicking on them and opening them. This isn’t the mod’s limitation, but rather a server restriction to prevent all the resources from being used up.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this mod if you ever wanted to download a map from a server. Now for some screenshots of the mod in action.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod doesn’t require you to install any add-on mods, such as Modloader. However, you must have “Java 7″ installed. Other than that, you can install this mod like you normally would.