X-Ray Mod – Ever wanted to find ores fast? How about monitoring other players on multiplayer servers? Then this mod is for you!
Overview of this Mod
The x-ray on is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to look through certain blocks to find certain blocks, such as, coal, iron ore, gold ore, diamond ore, and much more. All you need to do is press X to activate/deactivate the mod. This mod, however, takes the fun out of mining. On the other hand, though, this mod does work on all multiplayer servers. Even though this mod is highly frowned upon when you’re playing on multiplayer, it is possible though. Mining is not just the use of this mod is on multiplayer servers. For example, if you are on a PVP server, you can constantly monitor where people are at, and you can essentially have the upper hand they tried to sneak up on you. There are many uses for this mod. Now for some screenshots.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here is a screenshot showcasing the mod:
Now for some videos.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does. (Thanks the respective video owner for making the video.)
Even though it says 1.8.1 on the corner of the video, it’s the same mod with the same features. Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!