Spiderman Mod – Ever wanted to become Spiderman in Minecraft, as in, being able to climb walls and shoot web? Well, you’re in luck thanks to this mod!
Spiderman Mod - What is it?
The Spiderman Mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to become Spiderman, all inside of Minecraft! All you need to do is find some radioactive spiders (they naturally occur throughout the world) and craft the Spidey-suit (you can view the crafting recipe for the Spiderman suit in the video below)!
Once you craft the whole Spiderman outfit, and put it on, you will notice right off the bat that you walk and sprint at a much faster rate. You will also notice that you can jump higher and faster, and at the same time, negate all fall damage. On top of that, you can initiate a double jump by jumping mid-air. This, combined with the faster walk and sprint, will allow you to travel a large distance in a very short amount of time. If that wasn’t enough, this mod also makes it so virtually all block sides are treated like ladders, so that means that you are also able to climb even the most narrow wall. With the option too shoot cobweb by pressing “Z” (you can change this in the controls), you are practically Spiderman, and once you get a hand of the controls, you will be able to travel anywhere and everywhere in a fluid fashion.
Survival-wise, this mod is incredibly practical, because as stated before, you can jump higher, run faster, and shoot web. For example, let’s say you are being chased down by a horde of zombies. All you will need to do is shoot web at them, and you can make your getaway in style. You might ask, “What about spiders? They are immune to cobwebs!” Well, they can’t even get close to the speed you travel at, so spiders aren’t a problem either!
All in all, this mod is recommended to all Minecrafters who would like to play as Spiderman in Minecraft. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Now for some videos.
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does. (Thanks to the respective video owner for making the video.)
Now you might want to know how to install the mod.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod requires you to install the following mods:
Click on the links to get them.