Robotic Mob Models Mod – Change the default mob models into models that looks like robots!
Robotic Mob Models Mod – What is it?
The Robotic Mob Models Mod is a mod for Minecraft that changes the models of most of the mobs in Minecraft to resemble robots. This is useful for people who would like to get a more fallout-like feel in the game, mainly because the robots in this mod heavily resmble some of the robots in the Fallout series. add in a fallout esque texture pack such as the Mineout Texture Pack, and you’re all set!
Survival-wise, this mod doesn’t not have much of a use, but it can change the whole atmosphere of the game if you allow it to, which can alter your play style. For example, if you were to take my advice and get this mod along with the texture pack mentioned above, you can then attempt to play Minecraft in a more tactical fashion. What I’m basically trying to say is that you can pretend that you’re playing in a post-apocalyptic world.
All in all, this mod is a great mod for anyone who is a fan of the Fallout series. Now for some screenshots of the mod.
Screenshots of this Mod
Here are some screenshots showcasing the mod:
Videos of this Mod
Here is a video showing what the mod does.
How to Install this Mod
- The Steps (1.6 and up)
- The Steps (Windows)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps (Mac)(Old-Fashioned Way)
- The Steps for Forge and Modloader Mods (Old)
- Be sure to get WinRAR or 7-zip. It's a necessity for installing mods.
- Be sure to backup your "minecraft.jar" before doing anything! We don't want you to have to force update now, do we?
- Be sure to delete META-INF inside "minecraft.jar".
- Be sure to install the mods listed in the yellow box below first. They are usually mods required for the mod you want to install to work.
- The Forge and Modloader installation instructions only apply if the yellow box below states that the mod requires either Modloader of Forge. If the yellow box does not, use the "Old-Fashioned" instructions.
- The Forge and Modloader instructions only apply to the mod itself. Any mod in the yellow box below must be installed using the "old-fashioned" instructions.
- Close Minecraft. This is to ensure that the files will overwrite properly.
- Open up Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, type "%AppData%".
- Navigate to "Roaming". (Skip this step if you can't see a roaming folder.)
- Open up a folder called ".minecraft".
- Open up a folder called "bin".
- Right click the file called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar".
- Select open with.
- Open with WinRAR.
- Open up the mod. (be sure to extract the mod first.)
- If there are no specific instructions included with the mod, it is safe to assume that you drag all the files in.
- Be sure to delete META-INF. I can't stress this enough.
- Install Minecraft Forge, Modloader, or any mod dependency listed in the yellow box below using the "Old-Fashioned" installation instructions to the left.
- Start Minecraft up. Close Minecraft afterwards.
- Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder. Once you open it, you will notice that there is a "mods" folder. If there isn't a mods folder to be seen, create one.
- Place the mod inside the "mods" folder.
- Open Minecraft up and have fun!
Important: This mod does not reequire you to install any other mods, such as Modloader or Forge. Install this mod like you normally would.