Descent into Darkness – Spiral down into the depths of the abyss where everything you see are in shades of blue and grey.
You’ve ventured far and wide, searching for even the lands that have only been noted down in myths. You’ve found a mysterious dark place, filled with beauty and horror. You start off on the surface, with lights flooding the area. As you look closer, you see openings leading elsewhere, you decide to take the risk and descend through those entrances. As you get deeper and deeper, the light starts to fade with darkness filling it’s place. You feel energy flowing through you and you’re drawn to weird structure. The structure has a tag one it that says “Victory Monument” containing instructions on what it does and how you use it. After learning it’s purpose you tread forward and descend into it’s darkness, making your mark with the Monument.
Descent into Darkness is the first map in the Extreme Adventures collection. The map’s objective is to complete the monument using pieces of colored wool, with one unique color, that have been scattered around the map. You must find them and bring them back to the monument. The catch is that there are many obstacles blocking your path and protecting the wool. Dark places hold hostile creatures that attack you on sight, or you’d have you exercise your brain by completing puzzles, or even testing your fitness and resolve through hazards.
The map itself gives off the ominous and threatening feelings when you enter the area. The start is calm and all is well to get you settled in. As you progress and get deeper, the scenery changes and so does the difficulty. The map is meant to give you the feeling of dropping from surface where the sun shines, but then brings you down into the depths where the sun don’t shine. It does so by placing those feelings into it’s surroundings, such as destroyed ruined engulfed in vines and blood stones stacked together that have been set ablaze.
Some maps have some rules. Here’s the rules of this map:
- Find and complete the Wool Monument.
- Find wool in chests scattered around the map, do NOT use dyes or spider string for wools!
- You may craft the Iron, Gold, Diamond and Emerald blocks (which features in Skyward Ascent).
- Use at least Easy difficulty, and never Peaceful.
- Do not leave the boundaries of the map and go into normally generated Minecraft terrain.
- Survive in any way you can think of. (Yes, you can mine, craft, and place blocks.)
- You may use spider string wool and sheep wool to craft beds and other items, but not for the Wool Monument.
Some maps also have objectives. Here’s the objectives of this map:
- Find colored wool that have been scattered around the map.
- Use the discovered colored wool to complete the Victory Monument.
Note: This map consists of the following:
- Complete the Monument
Now for some screenshots of the map.