Molten Edge – Things are about to get heated.
Find your way through abandoned mines and the undead wandering those mines as you journey towards earth’s core. With long ravines and deep canyons, you dig deeper into the earth until you feel yourself gradually getting closer to the heat. The closer you get, the tougher it is to get around in those parts. With the monsters down here to haunt you and the lava to make your experience a great pain, you’re going to keep focus around all those distractions for one goal. Of course, you’re not down here for no reason, you’re here to complete the treasured monument that we all know and love. That’s your insane motivation that’s leading you to the core for adventure.
Molten Edge is the first map currently in the two-part CTM series, Impossible Victory. As the name states, the intentions of the map was to be impossible, but that wouldn’t be any challenge for the player or map maker. Molten Edge is more focused on the “Veteran” groups rather than all or most average players. This map focuses on some dark points around the shafts making it a bit rough to fight against large mobs. You can say that’s annoying, but just wait until you get into the “lit” areas. Those brighter areas can be a blessing or a curse, because lava is everywhere. You can think of that lava as a teacher, giving a lesson on how to deal with lava or how not to. Might as well learn how to deal with the lava, there’s little places where you can hide from it.
The format of Molten Edge is linear in a type of ravine branching setting. The map takes on large cutting pathways that intersect each other underground. Even with only four pathways, the map is quite large considering the size of the cuts. . The joyful duration of the map is estimated around 10 to 20 minutes. Don’t forget about the monument, which uses something a little different. We like to call our Victory Monument, an Egg Monument. I’ll say it’s pretty clever, the Egg Monument uses mob eggs you find in chests instead of using the standard wool. This prevents players from crafting or shearing wool off of sheep or string, meaning it does a better job of enforcing the player to play to find the objective It’s not fun to be alone in the dark or around lava, bring along a party to keep yourself entertained and speed up those minutes. Time to journey to the core of the earth’s, Molten Edge.
Some maps require some additional items, such as a mod or a texture pack. This map requires the following:
- (Optifine) is not required, but it is recommended to reduce any lag that takes place when playing the map.
Some maps have some rules. Here’s the rules of this map:
- Play on at least easy or above.
- Do not leave the boundaries of the map.
- Do not destroy naturally generated structures.
- Do not enter the Nether unless you have found a pre-made portal.
- Do not summon the Wither.
- Do not use mods or cheats that can alter the map’s gameplay. (Stuff like alter usage or visuals such as Optifine, are perfectly fine.)
- Do not break and take Enderchests.
- Do not destroy any Command Blocks.
- Do not tunnel to new areas of the map.
- You may craft, place, and destroy blocks.
Some maps also have objectives. Here’s the objectives of this map:
- Search for scattered mob eggs around the map.
- Complete the egg monument using the eggs.
Note: This map consists of the following:
- Complete the Monument
Now for some screenshots of the map.