The Survival Games – Survive as you fight against other players through a dreaded forest, fight until you are the last man standing!
The Survival Games is a recreation of the map in the well known book and movie. You and twenty three other players fight for your life through a thick forest on an island surrounded by water. You start in a cleared area, you are waiting in a tube. When the tube rises, you run towards the chests in the center, grab what you can and run off. As you run through the land, there are also hidden puzzles and random areas containing hidden chests to give you a better advantage. Your objective is to kill everybody around you and to survive incoming attacks from mobs and players as well. When you are the only one left, you are crowned champion.
The game is all coordinated by one host, you can also have a few other players help out to keep control. The host is to watch other players and to see who is left. The host is also to maintain the map by lighting the netherrack and making sure no one breaks the rules. The host also has the ability to make it tougher on the player by enabling mobs to spawn at night. It is also suggested that the host or admin of the server to create a bukkit server and find a plugin to help enforce the rules better. A very great map created by the Vareide team. As for their goal, they did very well, the map shares a very great likeliness to the movie.
Some maps require some additional items, such as a mod or a texture pack. This map requires the following:
- A server
- People to play with (Up to 24 players)
Some maps have some rules. Here’s the rules of this map:
- There can only be one victor
- You may not break any blocks except for mushrooms and leaves
- You can only place blocks you find in chests
- Inventory of players must be empty before starting
- No player can enter the host house
- You can not extinguish the fire lit by the host
In this particular map, there is a host, these are the jobs of the host:
- The host shall light the netherrack on the first night
- The host is allowed to add any weapons or food they want at any time in the center chest after the second day has passed
- The host may spawn zombies, creepers, or skeletons after the second day has passed
- If a player is stuck in a hole or in a similar situation, the host may teleport the player out
Some maps also have objectives. Here’s the objectives of this map:
- Slaughter until you are the last man standing
- Find hidden items in chests to help you in your battle
Note: This map consists of the following:
Now for some screenshots of the map.