World in a Box – Thinking inside the box? Living inside the box, surviving inside the box.
Has thinking outside the box lead to you staying inside instead? Well this map is what it’s all about. World in a Box is pretty much a Minecraft world in a box. The map splits it into three basic portions, the surface overworld, the underground, and the Nether. Each of them contain the essentials and the basics of surviving. With that, your objective is to survive with these limited resources in a small space. The sections are divided and they each include items, mobs, and the needed objects to help you survive the hostility of mobs in a small space. The idea and architectural simplicity is what makes this map very artistic in its own way. To sum up, the idea of survival inside in a box, inside a game of box, is very artistic. The thought of simple shape lead to a bigger challenge of survival.
Some maps have some rules. Here’s the rules of this map:
- Do not use any programs that will affect gameplay in anyway
- Play inside the box, do not break the glass or wool
- Play on at least normal
- Do not use the console
Some maps also have objectives. Here’s the objectives of this map:
- Collect some wood
- Craft torches
- Expand the house
- Make a farm for wheat, sugarcane, melons, and pumpkins
- Mine at least one of each ore
- Craft a diamond item
- Craft a piece of iron armor
- Discover a dungeon
- Create at least two bookshelves
- Beat the Silverfish Horde
- Visit the Nether portion of the box
- Find and mine glowstone
- Brew some potions
Note: This map consists of the following:
Now for some screenshots of the map.