Article By BlueOrchardDecember 13, 2016
RC Plane Mod – Ever wanted to fly an RC plane, but always thought they were too expensive? Well now you can, in Minecraft that is!
The RC Plane mod is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to fly an RC plane. Yes, just like the one you always wanted to fly in real life. Oh how I really wanted to have one of those planes. Anyways, this mod can now give you a chance to fly one of those RC planes. This means, however, that you will be standing in one spot and you can’t move, and in addition to that, your plane will get destroyed if it crashes into the ground hard enough. Be careful though, as when the plane crashes into the ground, it will create an explosion, which can possibly obliterate anything it crashes into.
To fly the plane, right click the remote control when it’s in your hand, and use the following instructions:
- The “P” button will automatically retrieve the RC plane for you, and set it on the ground where you initially placed it.
- The “O” button will give the plane some thrust. This is to speed up the RC plane in order to take off and go faster once you’re in the air.
- The “K” button will yaw the plane to the left. Please note as this is only useful if you are planning to control the plane on the ground.
- The “;” button will yaw the plane to the right. Please note as this is only useful if you are planning to control the plane on the ground.
- The “Down Arrow” button will make the plane pitch up. This is used if you want to take off and/or go higher.
- The “Up Arrow” button will pitch the plane down. This is used if you want to go down.
- The “Left Arrow” button will will roll the plane to the left. This is to steer the plane if it’s in the air.
- The “Right Arrow” button will will roll the plane to the right. This is to steer the plane if it’s in the air.
That’s pretty much it! To deactivate the RC plane, just right click with the remote control in your hand again.
Did I mention that this mod also adds an RC helicopter? Flying the RC helicopter is similar to flying the plane, with the exception of the helicopter being able to hover in the air. Now for some screenshots, but before we get into those, we would like to give you a note:
Note: You should not, I repeat, not spawn more than one plane and helicopter. The developer of this mod states that if you place more than one plane or helicopter down, and attempt to fly one, it could cause some damage to your game. You have been warned!
Now that you have read that, let’s get into the screenshots of the mod.
Here's a video of the RC Plane Mod in action.